Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Quotes on the Books



“Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.” – Thomas Jefferson

  “The things I want to know are in books; my best friend is the man who’ll get me a book I isn’t read.” -Abraham Lincoln

 “You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.” – C. S. Lewis

  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.” – Groucho Marx

  “Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him.” – Maya Angelou

  “Ideally a book would have no order to it, and the reader would have to discover his own.” – Mark Twain

“Every burned book enlightens the world.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

 “O Day of days when we can read! The reader and the book, either without the other is naught.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

“I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.” – Groucho Marx

  “Miss a meal if you have to, but don’t miss a book.” – Jim Rohn

“There is no friend as loyal as a book.” – Ernest Hemingway

 “The book you don’t read won’t help.” – Jim Rohn

 “Every book is a children’s book if the kid can read!” – Mitch Hedberg

 “I can tell you, honest friend, what to believe: believe life; it teaches better that book or orator.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

  “A book must be the ax for the frozen sea within us.” – Franz Kafka

“A book is good company. It is full of conversation without loquacity. It comes to your longing with full instruction, but pursues you never.” – Henry Ward Beecher

 “I read a lot of obscure books and it is nice to open a book.” – Bill Gates

No comments:

Post a Comment